What is silk fabric
People always think silk is just a kind of satin style. In fact, there are a lot more items other than satin charmeuse. Such as crepe de chine, georgette, double georgette and etc.No matter how many styles are there for silk fabrics, some common senses are uniform!
The silk has great reputation of "fabric Queen", "healthy fiber", "health fiber". Silk, belonging to protein fiber, which contains 18 kinds of amino acids necessary for human body so it can help the skin maintain the surface lipid metabolism. Wearing silk clothes, not only can prevent ultraviolet radiation, harmful gas into defense, resistance to harmful bacteria, but also enhance the surface activity of skin cells.In addition, due to the special moisture absorption and permeability, silk fabric has temperature regulation and water regulation function.
Function and maintenance method of real silk fabric
Silk can also protect the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun. Silkworm spit of white silk, will gradually turn yellow under ultraviolet light, the reason is the silk absorbs the sun's ultraviolet rays. Medical common sense tells people, too much ultraviolet radiation on human skin is extremely harmful, therefore the use of silk fiber absorption performance of the ultraviolet UV Defense can reach the purpose.
Recognition of gloss and feel All silk fabrics have elegant pearl luster, soft and elegant feel; chemical fiber fabrics are bright and dazzling, and feel stiff. Although some artificial silk fabrics have a soft touch, the silk surface is dark and has no pearl luster. Identification of silk A piece of clothing or a piece of clothing, whether to determine whether it is silk, cotton, hemp, wool or man-made fibers, is generally judged by experience. Such as long-term contact with various fabric salesmen, sewing workers, etc., because of long-term contact and experience, you can judge what raw material fabric. But today there are many synthetic fibers.
The ultra-fine filaments and profiled filaments of nylon, polyester, and viscose fibers can be made into artificial silk, which is enough to be fake. It is difficult to judge the authenticity by hand. Therefore, it is necessary to use a variety of methods and comprehensive analysis and research before drawing accurate conclusions. Such as: combustion identification method, microscope observation identification method, dissolution identification method, chemical coloring identification method, melting point difference identification method and infrared spectrum identification method, etc. So, consumers do not have the necessary testing conditions, how to identify the authenticity of silk?
Here are two simple methods:
(1) Feel visual method
(1) Visual inspection method shows that real silk has a lustrous pearl luster and a soft luster. The chemical fiber fabric is not soft and bright.
(2) Silk fibers are slender and long, cotton fibers are short, and wool is curled. The chemical fiber has good uniformity.
(3) Feel method: Silk feels soft, smooth and comfortable to the skin.
(2) Combustion method
(1) The silk has the smell of burning feathers when burning, it is difficult to continue burning, and it will self-extinguish. The ash is brittle, crisp, fluffy, and black.
(2) When burning rayon (viscose fiber), there is chemical smell of burning paper. Burning is extremely fast. The ash is ash-free except for the dull ones, with a small amount of gray-black ash.
(3) Cotton and polyester have a very weak sweet taste when burning, and do not continue to burn directly or continue to burn slowly, the ash is hard and round, and becomes a pearl.
(4) Both cotton and hemp have the smell of burning paper, the ashes are soft and dark gray.
Silk is a kind of very good, very practical material, so everyone in the life must grasp the silk maintenance tips, avoid improper maintenance.
The following small tips suggested by hairswigs to introduce some related maintenance methods,
1 washing under 30 degrees and must in hand washing. If you use a few drops of vinegar and water soak, then you can wash out the silk clothes soft and smooth.
2 no alkaline detergent and soap washing! After washing you should choose dry ventilated place so to avoid damaging handfeeling and color;
3 sweat wet silk clothes to be washed immediately;
4 don't hang the silk clothes on the hard metal hook to prevent the silk surface fm damage;
5 when not wearing, do not put mothballs, otherwise embrittlement happens easily;
6 ironing temperature at 100 degrees is appropriate and best.